ICT Enabled Facilities View slideshow
e Learning Resourse Center
We live in a world that is constantly changing. The presence of computers has revolutionized the world.
Computers have brought in a host of new technologies for education. Learning has changed as well.
Starting from the ancient guru-kula system to the formal classroom learning in schools to distance
education, the process of learning in education has come a long way. e-Education is the process of learning
where computers are used at each possible step of the process: enrollment, instruction design, content delivery,
evaluation, assessment and support.
The e-learning system designed to enable teaching and learning through the use of intranet & internet technologies.
The eLearning Resourse Center established in GIT in year 2009 as a Online Teaching Assistant for all GIT students. Online subject help is provided in the form syllabus, teaching plan, question papers, presentations, ebooks, faculty notes, lecture videos, flash animations for all Engineering Subjects in structured format.
E-learning has changed the college experience for many students. Rather than sitting through college courses and taking notes, tech-savvy Net Generation students are taking advantage of video lectures and other forms of online learning.
To access eLearning Resourse Center : Click Here
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are internet-based courses, free of charge, that have incredibly large numbers of students.
In a typical MOOC has specific start and end dates, a more-or-less defined topic of study, facilitator/s, and assessments.
Advantages and benefits of MOOCs
1. MOOCs bring people together from all over the world and encourage engagement between staff and students of a given university/ institution to interact with the wider public.
2. MOOCs keep the competitive edge. Offering diverse classes on different topics makes it easy for learners to keep up with the latest news and trends and be on top of their professional field.
3. Learning at your own pace, following your own schedule. Some of the courses have deadlines for tests and assessments, but they are easy to keep. Usually one have weeks to finish the quizzes and it is not seldom the case that learners the option to finish a course whenever they feel like it, whenever they have the time. In other words learning happens in a more informal setting, at a place of your convenience and often around your own schedule
4. Choose your language! A lot of MOOC classes are offered in different languages! It doesn’t matter if you speak English, Marathi, Urdu, Hindi, etc. Subtitles are available for hundreds of courses and they are just a click away.
5. Anyone can sign up for a MOOC class. You don’t need a degree or previous knowledge to follow a course, only the willingness to learn.
6. No distance constraints. You want to take free courses offered by universities from Germany, USA, China, and Austria? No problem! Just browse the offerings on the topics you are interested in!
7. Making classes more attractive and more meaningful. MOOCs course prepared using highly advanced IT infrastructure and technologies like, PPT, animations, sound effects, demos, etc.
8. Distributed learning. Participants help each other interpret the material, seek out different or related sources, and use social networking to share their interpretations. Through this distributed learning, participants gain a better understanding of the material and can get immediate feedback if questions arise.
To access MOOC : Click Here
SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active–Learning for Young Aspiring Minds)
SWAYAM is the National MOOCs portal being developed by MHRD, Govt. of India. In order to ensure best quality content is produced and delivered,
seven National Coordinators have been appointed under SWAYAM.
NPTEL is the official SWAYAM national coordinator for Engineering courses. All NPTEL online certification courses are SWAYAM courses too, and they are available on the SWAYAM platform as well. By participating in NPTEL online courses, you and your college are officially participating in SWAYAM.
To access SWAYAM : Click Here
Digital Library project : Ekeeda.com
To make online learning resources available to the GIT students through a single window, Ekeeda.com has sponsored the Digital Library project to GIT.
This video library contains 90000+ high-quality videos recorded by renowned experts from the Engineering industry. Students can watch videos and access notes
through Ekeeda.com App and website. The login ids are provided to every student individually.
It covers content of different branches and a link to each branch is provided below.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
The Language Lab is equipped with the “Lingua-phone International Spoken English Course” software of twenty plus
one teacher user strength.
The interactive communication skills lab helps students to improve their skills in public speaking, debates, group discussions, Presentations and role plays. Through these activities which involve a lot of team work, students can enhance their communication skills effectively. Interpersonal and intrapersonal skills give immense exposure at various levels of English. It also provides actual communicative situations of English usage that helps students to get acquainted with English language rapidly.
Contact No : 8087211980 7588482307
email : email@example.com
The centralized computer centre facility was established in the year 2007. The Computer Centre is located in the A-Wing Ground floor of GIT Campus. Computer Centre consists into two laboratories, Server Room and main computer centre.
The college has established a high-speed campus-wide network that connects all its departments consisting 380 systems. A fully distributed computing environment based on clusters of workstations and PC’s provides the staff and students ready access to computing resources, services software and applications. The environment is tailored to the specific teaching/learning needs of each department. Full access is provided to email, the Internet, departmental Intranets and other online sources of services and information through Internet connectivity of 120 Mbps.
The server room houses the various servers – Windows server, ERP server, Database server all connected to the LAN, thereby providing diverse computing platforms to the students, across the campus. The Internet Gateway comprises of Cyberoam Firewall, Seqrite Endpoint Security suite, CISCO switch and the other networking components required for an efficient LAN and for providing Internet access to 380 computer systems, located in the various departments and functional units.
|1||Number of PC's||474 Desktops|
|2||Number of Server's||5|
|3||Internet Bandwidth in Mbps||120 Mbps Leased Line(1:1) +300 Mbps (1:3)|
|4||Number of Printers||16 Dot Matrix|
|5||Number of Scanners||10|
|6||Number of Plotters||1|
|7||Number of Projectors||28|
Name of Software
|1||Operating Systems||Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7, Professional Linux ES 4.0 Standard, Linux Desktop 4.0|
|2||Antivirus||Seqrite Endpoint Security|
|3||Softwares||Ms Office Plus 2007, MS office 2013,MS office 2016, Office ProPlus 2019,TALLY Multiuser, Xtool(Tally to Excel) Adobe Flash, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio Prof 2005, 2010,SQL Server, SQL Server Cal, Oracle 11 G, Oracle Log MATLAB, MULTSIM, Active HDL, Proteus VSM, Micro wind Package, AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD Inventor Prof 2009, CATIA, Borland TURBO C++, MS Project 2010, TINA, ANSYS, IB Rational, SPJ’ make C compiler for 8051, STAAD Pro, SCADA|